The Southern Tier Regional Volunteer Center works in partnership with hundreds of community-based nonprofit agencies to provide volunteers with a variety of meaningful opportunities for service and leadership. We are here to help any local nonprofit agency through the SouthernTierVolunteers.Org website, and our special events and trainings.
Benefits of Partnership:
Post volunteer opportunities on our website
- Reach a large and diverse group of potential volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers for one-time events or long-term needs.
- Volunteers find you based on their own interests, skills, and availability.
- Opportunities are searchable on a wide variety of national volunteer sites.
- It’s easy: submit opportunities using a simple form, or email us for a training session and control your posts directly.
Recruitment and promotion assistance
- Opportunities you post on our website are also promoted to local employers and schools looking to place volunteers, through social media, and at community events.
- We promote our partners through custom online ads, and features in online and print media throughout the community.
- When potential volunteers call our office we match them with your opportunities based on their unique skills and interests.
- Advanced features of our website include greater customization in posts and searches, volunteer teams and leaders, and volunteer tracking.
- Access email, phone, and in-person training and support for all aspects of our website.
Getting The Most from Southern Tier Volunteers:
- Respond to volunteers promptly. Please contact potential volunteers as soon as possible, within a week under normal circumstances. Our volunteers are eager to get to work, and we want them to have a great experience!
- Keep us updated. You can reach us by email or phone to let us know when you’ve made contact with your volunteer; we will follow up on volunteer connections if we do not hear from you. We want to ensure potential volunteers find a way to serve and don’t fall through cracks, so please contact us if agency staff or contact information changes.
- Share resources. The goal of Southern Tier Volunteers is to increase and support volunteerism in our community; we strive to make volunteer engagement easier and more effective for agencies. We do not ask for any extra reporting beyond the updates mentioned above, but If you already collect information on volunteer service and/or volunteer hours (even in simple form like volunteer sign-up sheets) please consider sharing this so we can get a fuller, more accurate picture of volunteer activity in the Southern Tier.
You may contact us (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2-1-1) to report volunteer activity, to share links, events, trainings, or other resources of interest to the local volunteer engagement community.